The Raven is a collaborative art piece, handcrafted and mounted into a distressed grey frame.
A raven is watching me from the tree outside my window. It’s been perched there all day. I think it knows what I did.
I should have done a better job of covering up those holes I dug out back. I forgot to bring the rake is all. How was I supposed to know someone would notice?
Maybe it saw me dragging the bodies out. Those things are up at all hours, right? Damn it. They’ve got really good memories too. I read it somewhere or might have seen it in a documentary. Either way, I need to take care of it before the bloody thing tells anyone.
Look at it. The son of a bitch is smiling at me. It knows for sure. I have to do something.
I’d bring the gun out, but I’m sure to be noticed, and I can’t afford to draw any more attention. I wonder if I could get it to eat rat poison. Mix it in with some seeds to corn.
If I had a rock, I could try and pick it off. Even if I can stun it and knock it to the ground. I used to pitch in high school, was pretty good too. All I need is to get my hands on it, then I can bash its stupid little head in.
Just stay right there, you little bastard. I’ll be out soon, and when I get there, I’m going to wipe that smile right off your face.
- Frame is distressed grey wood with glass (56.1 cm x 31.1 cm x 2 cm)
- Artwork is printed on high-quality matte pearl paper (20.32 cm x 25.4 cm)
- Title and short fiction printed on hand-painted watercolour paper (25 cm x 50.7 cm)
- Original digital artwork created by Kaleigh Kanary
- Original short fiction written by Shane Kroetsch
- Assembled in Airdrie, Alberta.
There are no reviews yet.